Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Week Number Fourty One

Week Number 41 ( September 22nd - 28th)

Monday Sept. 22nd

Go to Barbados Blvd and Run/Walk 4 miles.

Wednesday Sept. 24th

Go to Barbados Blvd and Run 4 miles. Walk it off for 1/2 mile. Very windy, but nice and cool outside.

Got rained out for Thursday & Friday.....That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it!

Saturday Sept. 27 th

Yes I ran today but I need to put this here for future reference first.

My girlfriend that I dated for most of this summer got married today at 2:00 PM about 1/4 mile from my house, and the reception was held at the same place our affair started at back in May! My mind is blown.....better him than me?

OK...where was I?... Oh yeah... this is a running blog,,,yeah, I was running away from the altar!

I tried to get out and run this morning. Didn't get out until around 10:30am and the sun was hot and the wet ground was steaming. I felt like an ant under a magnifying glass. Only managed about 1.5 miles and said the hell with it.

Then later in the evening around 6:30pm, I tried it again. I managed to run/walk a little over 3.5 miles, but had to struggle to make every step of the way. I don't know what's wrong w/me? The wedding day blues?

Oh, I almost forgot.....I had the dogs in the stroller w/me on both runs.

Sunday Sept. 28th

No running today, but I backed over the dog stroller with the minivan and snapped one of the wheels off of it! Dad thinks he can fix it, but I doubt it.
My sis-in-law needs a tire for hers. Maybe I'll buy a new one ,and we'll use the old one for parts? Had a great time at baby bro's tonight!

6 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

Married?! But, but...not all that long ago....Sheesh, what a weekend you had! :-( Good for you for getting out there anyway. I'm sure your pups and the running will help some.

Uncivil said...

Hi Les
I don't know what to say about it either? Better him than me!!!!
Off to check you out!!!!

J said...

I just came by here, and saw this...how does someone get married that damn fast? I mean, you were dating most of the summer, and now she's MARRIED to someone else? Were you dating Brittney Spears? Because I've heard she'll get married crazy fast like that...

I wonder how long it will be before they divorce?

Uncivil said...

J
Yes we dated heavy for 3 months. It was a guy she dated before me. They had an off an on relationship for over 2 years, and I guess I was the catalyst that fueled that fire?
I mean...after 3 months with me....maybe she figured he wasn't that bad?

J said...

Sounds to me like he didn't like her dating someone else. You got off easy in that deal, I'd say.

Do you think maybe your motivation went with her, though? For running, I mean? Or is it just the colder days?

Uncivil said...

I don't know what's going on with my motivation? I'm over the relationship.
Love running in the cooler weather too. Just getting side tracked with other things and not being disciplined I guess?