Thursday, January 1, 2009

First week of 2009

Time to get motivated for 2009.
I had a slack end to a good start from last year. I lost 25 pounds by this past summer and gained some 15 to 20 pounds of it right back by the end of the year.

Still not fully motivated like I was last year. I have however, started doing some pretty serious aerobics exercises on my mini-trampoline. I think they like to refer to them as "Rebounders" now days! Think it's easy? Just try to keep up with old Blanche Black for 7 minutes!

I've been doing the "Rebounder" workouts at least 30 minutes a day for the past 3 days, and doing some push-ups and dumbell workouts, and also doing a little sweating on my Total-Trainer. It's nice to be able to watch TV while I workout since I don't watch much TV anyway. I usually just put a movie in the DVD and try to watch that while I workout. It helps me to have a much longer workout , and sometimes I over do it.

I have to admit the "Rebounder" is much more forgiving to these old legs. The soreness of old age is a lot more bearable this way. Not sure when I'll get out on the pavement and start pounding the old joints? Gotta make sure I keep this regimine up first.

No "New Year Resolutions" either. Don't want to make empty promises to myself. All in all, I'm much healthier and stronger than I was at this time last year, but I have very much room for improvement.

5 comments:

luvmyharleydoggison said...

Yeah bro-in-law!!!!!!

Uncivil said...

That was quick! I just posted the darn thing?
Thank ya Ma'am!
I'm ready to eat some oysters tonight! See you guys then!

Lesley Looper said...

Glad to see you're back! Happy New Year!

Do you have another 5K on your calendar?

Lesley Looper said...

Where are your weekly updates? Hope you're doing okay!

Uncivil said...

Lesley

I dunno? I've lost that luvin' feelin':(

The weather is too freakin' cold and wishy washy to do anything outside lately.

It's hard to get motivated to post about "Rebounding"!
I'm just lazy!!!!
The February Blues!!!!!