Sunday, March 9, 2008

Week Number Thirteen

Week Number 13 ( March 9th > March 15th )

Sunday March 9th

Run 1.5 miles & Walk 1.5 miles at Barbados Blvd.
Monday March 10th
Rest day. Too busy with getting my truck serviced etc.
Tuesday March 11th
Spend about two hours on the wrong end of a shovel digging a trench, trying to find some water lines and electrical lines in the back yard. Worked up a pretty good sweat. Then head off to Barbados Blvd and walk 1 mile then run 2 miles and walk another mile. Tired and dehydrated when I got home.
Wednesday March 12th
I got the girls back today and took them down to the river for our little half mile walk. I could tell I was still wore out from yesterday's workout, so I decided to take a rest and chill out with the gals.
Thursday March 13th
I've always heard that Friday the 13th was a bad day, but I'll never forget this 13th.
A good friend was killed today and my words could never do him justice.
Johnny, Ill never forget the summer of 75 when you and I and Buddy rode down to Fort Lauderdale in your jet black 1971 Dodge Challenger and stayed for a week.
Those were the days man!
I tried to run today, but my heart wasn't in it and it's not even worth mentioning.
Friday March 14th
Rest day. Mow,weed eat, leaf blower & rake yard
Saturday March 15th
Take dogs to river for 1/2 mile walk, then to Barbados blvd for 1mile walk & 2 mile run with dogs in stroller. The wind was blowing so hard it felt like I had a parachute strapped to my back.
Totals for the week; run 6.5 miles & walk about 6.5 miles

3 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Jimmy!

kim said...

I'm sorry about your friend too.

I do have to say, I love your line, "Spent about two hours on the wrong end of a shovel digging a trench". Really, is there a RIGHT end of the shovel digging? Because you're either doing the digging, or you're getting put in the hole! As far as I'm concerned, the only right end of that situation is sitting on the porch with a beer watching someone else dig a trench with the shovel!

Uncivil said...

Thanks for your kind words Lesley & Kim.

PS. Kim, most of my fellow NCDOT employees actually use the shovel as a prop to lean on and rest while they are watching others work!