Sunday, June 22, 2008

N.C. Blueberry Festival 5K Run

Saturday June 21st. Ran the 4th annual N.C. Blueberry Festival 5K Run in Burgaw.
I brought Abigail and Emily and the stroller with me. Met sis-in-law there. Baby bro had to work until 4:00 am in the morning.
There were several couples with babies in strollers ,so I loaded Ab & Em in their doggie stroller and got at the back of the pack with them.
It was drizzling rain at the start of the race and got continually worse through out the race. We were soaked.
Sis ran a personal best in the low 26's and I have no idea how slow I ran it cause my glasses were so fogged up and wet that I couldn't see. Plus it was too wet and dreary to stay for the race results. Still waiting to find them posted on the web.
Thank Gawd I have a 12 year old crappy minivan to throw the wet dogs and buggy in.

Sis found this race to run in July?!?!

"Take Pride in Your Hide"
I think I could do it if they provide plenty of adult beverages!!!


6 comments:

Nreeky said...

Hey!!!

I was there too and I really loved it. I just started to run 2 months ago (after a break of 12 years, I'm 39 now)and I made it in 26:52; I was looking for the results too. I believe they will be posted at www.roguerunners.org

I will be looking forward to loose 20lb more to get 5k in 20min or better; I guess my next one will be The river fest in Oct and The battle ship in Nov.

Just wanted to say. I like your blog and was nice to run with all of you guys.

Enrique

Lesley Looper said...

Congrats on yet another 5K! You're becoming a regular on the 5K circuit--and running circles around me!

Cute t-shirt too! I'd wear that for the Reidsville race. ;-)

Uncivil said...

Hi Nreeky
You made good time right there with my sister-in-law! I was hoping to beat the 35 minute mark but kinda doubt it with the doggie stroller, weather and all the turn arounds, not to mention Emily went overboard once, and I had to stop and put her back in.
I could never bust the 20 minute barrier when I was in my 30's and 40's. Now the goal is to break the 30 minute barrier!!LOL

I think we are going to run the Diligence Dash 5K downtown Wilmington this comming Saturday. You should come out.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Uncivil said...

Lesley
No way I could keep up with you shug! I'd keel over dead at the thought of a 10 miler!!!!!!
Gotta jump over to your blog now:)

luvmyharleydoggison said...

How cool, someone you knew ran in the 5K....did you see them there?

Uncivil said...

Sis
I don't know Nreeky? I thought you did?