Thursday, June 26, 2008

Week Number Twenty Eight

Week Number 28 ( June 22nd - June 28th )

No running Sun,Mon,Wed, Fri.
Tuesday June 24th
Take dogs and stroller to Barbados Blvd. Walk 1/2 mile, run 2 miles, walk 1/2 mile. Hot and frikkin miserable!!!!!!! Didn't even let Emily run. Scared she'd overheat!
Thursday June 26th
Barbados Blvd, run 2.5 miles, walk 1/2 mile
Not quite as hot as Tuesday and I wasn't pushin' the dogs.
Gonna rest Friday and try to make the Diligence 5K Saturday morning.
Saturday June 28th
Got up early and had a pancake at The Omelete house around 6:00am.
Head downtown Wilmington Waterfront to register for the race at 7:00 am. I was the first to register that wasn't already pre-registered. Got the lucky number 1313.......ew....double whammy!
Called sis-in-law and left her a heckling message cause I thought she was gonna dis me on this one, but she called right right back and said she was on the way!!!! So, I'll have to heckle little bro.......what's up bro.........ya can't hang with the rest of the family????
I tried to stay right behind sis, but she left me on the first hill. She ran a 29:01 and I ran a 32:41.
I passed on the water stop at the first mile, and wouldn't ya know it......they were outta water at the second mile mark? It was stifling hot and I'm not used to the incline/hills either.
Rushed right home to get a shower and go to a funeral. Probably shouldn't go into detail on that, other than it was the mother-in-law of a dear highschool friend. I was glad I was able to make it, and she was a very remarkable and loving woman.
Lunch at K&W.....liver & onions. Then to the hospital to visit my Aunt.
Total mileage for the week = 7.6 miles which includes the 5K

2 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

Another 5K?! Very cool! I'm beginning to miss the 5K circuit, so I'm looking forward to your race report. :) Run Jimmy Run!

Uncivil said...

Lesley
Wow.....I just posted it and noticed your comment! Yep, my fourth race and fifth funeral this year. I hope the races are on the increase and the funerals on the decrease. Losing to many loved ones.
Off to check your blog report!
Hugs!!!