Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Week Number Six

Week number 6 (Jan 20th > Jan 26th)

Slowly recovering from this crappy head cold. Walked on the treadmill for 15 and 20 minute intervals Sunday, and Monday, because I still wasn't feeling up to par, and the weather was so nasty wet and cold.

Oh,.....Emily is sick too! The vet says she has tonsillitis? I had no idea dogs could get that? She's on antibiotics, and I'm toughing it out on my own.
Tuesday Jan 22nd

Got up early Tuesday morning and did 20 minutes on the treadmill before work. It finally warmed up today and the weather was pretty nice.
Got off work and managed to take the dogs down to the river for a twenty minute walk before it got dark.
Then I headed off to Barbados Blvd. around 6:00. Walked 1/2 mile, ran 1 mile at 13:40 m/m pace then walked it off for another mile. I felt like I could run further but decided not to over do it.
I woke up sore this morning so I'm glad I didn't try to run any further than I did.
Wednesday Jan 23rd
Walked the dogs this afternoon. Not gonna run today. Might hit the treadmill? I'm still wondering if all the running everyday during weeks 3 & 4 weakened my immune system, cause I haven't been sick in quite a long time before that?
Thursday Jan 24th through Saturday Jan 26th
The weather has been just to darned nasty for me to get out in with all the rain and wind, so I've been stuck inside doing 15 and 20 minute stints on my el cheapo treadmill, and hitting the total trainer, dumbells,kettlebell,and I bought one of those (65 mm) exercise balls to help me with the core exercises. I even sit on it while at the computer sometimes.
Crappy week, only ran 1 mile and walked a couple of miles.

1 comment:

Lesley Looper said...

Glad to see you're easing back into things slowly.

Not sure if the exercise itself weakened your immune system. Hmmm, maybe it made you more tired (?), and that affected your immune system. I've been the world's worst about getting to bed earlier now that I'm running more. I think I'm just lucky I haven't gotten sick yet. If I don't get more rest soon, I may pay the price.

Anyway, keep on keepin' on, even if it's just a little. When you feel back to normal, it'll be that much easier to go forward.