Sunday, January 6, 2008

Week Number Four

Week number 4 (Jan 6th > Jan 12th 08)

Sunday Jan 6th 08

Breakfast at "What's Cook'n" 2 scrambled eggs, bacon, coffee, & a bowl of oatmeal.
Another beautiful sunny day!!!
Go down to Barbados blvd and walk dogs for 1/2 mile or so.
Run two miles with dogs in the stroller. 12:10 m/m pace first mile........13:45 m/m pace second mile.
Walk it off for a mile w/dogs still in the stroller.
I don't know what it is, but I love running with the dogs in the stroller? It's kind of like running with a "walker"! I can lean on it and put a little of my weight on it. Maybe that's taking some of the pressure off my legs? My calves and ankles aren't hurting near as bad.
Total for today 2miles running & 1.5 miles walked.
Monday Jan 7th 08
Sausage & Egg sandwich w/ iced tea from the Piggly Wiggly for breakfast.
Take dogs down to the river. Walk them a little over 1/2 mile. Then take them to Barbados Blvd and run 2 miles pushing them in the stroller.
First mile 13:45 m/m pace. And 2nd mile at 15:00 m/m pace
Then walk a mile with them still in the stroller.
Total for today 2 miles running & 1.5 miles walked
Tuesday Jan 8th 08
Liver pudding and egg sandwich with iced tea from the "Pig".
Tired as hell.
Didn't want to walk much less run. Emily kept pawing at me to take her for a ride, so we loaded up and went to Barbados Blvd.
I walked them for a little over a mile, then decided to try to run with them in the stroller. It took me 15 minutes to cover a mile and I was exhausted. Walked them another mile in the stroller.
Total for today 1 mile barely running and 2 miles walked.
Wednesday Jan 9th 08
Liver pudding and egg sandwich with iced tea from the "Pig".
The weather is so nice that I'm trying to get some miles in before the rain gets here.
Take dogs down to the river. Walk them about a mile. Then take them to Barbados Blvd and run 2 miles pushing them in the stroller.
First mile 14:00 m/m pace. And 2nd mile at 14:30 m/m pace
Then walk a mile with them still in stroller.

Total for today 2 miles running & 2 miles walked
Thursday Jan 10th 08
Rest Day
I think I'm comming down with a cold. Got a scratchy throat, and mucous running down the back of it. I have slight ear ache, and feel just down right miserable.
The only good thing today, is that Miss Civil decided to let me keep the girls another day!!!!Yeah!!!! I get to snuggle with them one more night.
Friday Jan 11th 08
Another rest day.
Still feel like chit! Miss Civil came and got the girls today. It really sucks when ya come home from work and don't see them standing at the front window as you pull in the driveway. I'll have to remember to get a picture of that.
Tried walking on the treadmill, but gave up after only 5 minutes or so.
I took some "NyQuil" and a valium before I went to bed. Best sleep I've had in a while!
Saturday Jan 12th 08
Up around 6:30 am and head to "What's Cook'n" for the usual "Heart Stopper" breakfast.
The weather is close to 60 degrees and there is a slight drizzle. Started my run about 10:00 am on Barbados blvd & finished 2 miles at 10:30. Then it started raining too hard to walk it off. It's a dreary day outside, and even more dreary inside my head this morning :(
I really should be thankful :)
Total running for the week 9 miles.
And walked a little over 7 miles this week.

4 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

Good start to the new week, Jimmy, and congrats on the new treadmill! Let me know how that goes.

Loved the pictures of the dogs in their stroller thing! Do people comment when they pass by on how cute the dogs are?

Uncivil said...

Hi Lesley
I haven't spent much time on the treadmill yet! It's only gonna be for bad weather so far.

Oh yeah, people always compliment the pups, but I've found a real secluded place to run with them and haven't encountered anyone there so far.

I borrowed my sis-in-law's stroller in late October, and bought my own in early Novemeber.
So I've been walking and pushing them for a couple of months.

I'm just now starting to run and push them, and I like it secluded so we don't get distracted. It's hard to run and stop and talk to folks!

Lesley Looper said...

Hope the weekend finds you feeling better! Get some rest!

Uncivil said...

Thanks for keeping me motivated Lesley