Sunday, January 27, 2008

Week Number Seven

Week number 7 (Jan 27th > Feb 2nd)

Sunday Jan 27th

Yeah!!!!We're finally getting some sunshine and the weather is in the low 50's today!
I went down to Barbados Blvd around lunch time and walked a mile, then ran a mile in 11:55 m/m pace. That's the first time my legs have held up enough for my lungs to get a workout. Then I walked it off for another mile. I did five sets of ten reps on the push-ups during the walk.
Not gonna over do it. Hopefully it will be nice enough weather to continue tomorrow!
Monday Jan 28th
Still kind of sore from yesterday. Decided to rest my legs today. Did a lot of core exercises on the exercise ball.
Tuesday Jan 29th
Walk 1/2 mile, run 1 1/2 miles, walk a mile! Trying to ease back into it without getting so sore!
Wednesday Jan 30th
Walk 1.2 miles, Run 1.6 miles , walk 0.8 miles at cemetary in Burgaw!
Thursday Jan 31st
I just got the girls back today, so I'm gonna play hooky with them! Might hit the treadmill later on?Nope...didn't do it. Chilled out with the girls instead.
Friday Feb 1st
I stayed out of work for a dentist appointment today. I had an early heart stopper breakfast at "What's Cook'n" cause I knew I wouldn't be able to eat lunch after getting a crown.
Came home and brushed and flossed teeth and headed to the dentist. I spent almost two hours there and about 1.5 hours of it in the chair.
It was raining and windy and nasty all day. It finally slacked off about dark.
I took the girls w/me down to Barbados Blvd. Glad I brought a towel with me cause their under bellies were drenched from all the standing water. I didn't even attempt to bring the stroller.
Walked them for 3/4 mile, run 1.5 miles, and walk it off for 1/2 mile.
Saturday Feb 2nd
Oh well, due to my nasty stopped up head, and my not so stopped up colon there was no exercise done today!
Total for the week
5.6 miles running and 6.75 miles walked

8 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

Looks like you're getting back into the swing of exercise at a good pace. Glad you're feeling better.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Uncivil said...

Thanks Lesley
Your an inspiration!

Lesley Looper said...

You're clocking the miles now! How are the muscles?

Uncivil said...

Hey Lesley
The muscles are still sore but it's starting to be a good sore instead of an old man aching kind of sore!!LOL

Lesley Looper said...

I know exactly what you're talking about! Good sore is good! LOL

Uncivil said...

Lesley
And "old man aching sore" is what I call "stiff in all the wrong places"!!!!!LOL!!!!

I got my girls back yesterday and all is good! I hope the weather gets nice so I can take them for a stroll in the stoller.

J said...

I wasn't paying attention, and didn't realize you had this second blog set up. Yay you on the running! I kinda like running, but my knees HATE it, so I use that as my excuse. ;) I do enjoy walking a lot, but it doesn't give the old heart and lungs the same benefits as running would, I know.

Uncivil said...

J
Yeah, I'm trying to become a runner again!
My knees and back are holding up better than I thought they would!
I had minor back surgery in 2002, and an old knee injury from the early 90's.
My ankles and calves are giving me the most aches and pains so far?
I guess I haven't got fast enough to pound on the old knee joint and back joints yet?
I didn't realise how much I missed it until I started doing it again.
It makes me feel alive when I'm through with a run, even if it's only for a short distance so far.