Saturday, April 12, 2008

Oak Island Lighthouse 5K April 12th

I finished my first 5K for the year in 35:30. Way off the mark from my last one almost ten years ago.
The weather was beautiful except it was a little windy, but the wind was at our backs so that helped with the run.

But best of all......my sis-in-law took first in her age group with a 27:14.......and my little brother took first in his age group at 22:42.

I've already found the results on the Wilmington Roadrunners website. I came in 100th place....Damn?.......there were 99 people ahead of me!!!!!LOL!!!!!

2 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

Congrats on the 5k, Jimmy! Great job! How are ya feeling today?

I'm envious that you already have official results! Still waiting on mine, but finished in a little under 40 minutes, I think. The knee held up okay, thanks in part to some walk breaks. Will be posting a race report, hopefully today.

So, when's your next race? :)

Uncivil said...

Thanks Lesley
Wow!....you did well with an injured knee!
I'm not as sore as I thought I would be? And I ran 2.5 miles today while pushing the doggies in the stroller.
I'm hoping we will run the 5K at Holden Beach April 26th!
I'm off to check your blog!