Sunday, May 25, 2008

2008 Wilmington Orthopaedic Azalea Run 5K

Went to the 2008 Wilmington Orthopaedic Azalea Run 5K Saturday morning and met little bro and sis-in-law there. It was raining on my drive over but it quit and turned out to be a nice day. I started out slower on this race and managed to have more energy for the middle and end of the run. I was actually able to sprint the last 1/4 mile or so. And like my sis-in-law I walked up this huge hill midway through the course cause I knew it would wear my old arse out if I didn't.
Managed to squeeze off a 31:22 minute 5k with a 10:06 pace.
That's 4 minutes faster than my last race. Maybe the inversion table is helping?

................................
Then we all went to the 3rd Annual Spring Redneck Yacht Club River Poker Run at Castle Hayne. It's about a mile from my house. I proceeded to get into the beer and ruined all the benifits I've been getting from the running. Left there and went to The Redneck Bar about 1/2 mile from the house. I drank so much that I don't remember a whole lot and I've got bumps and bruises from head to toe?

3 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

Congrats on a great run! 4 minutes off is quite an improvement! Yay!

Uncivil said...

Lesley
That's a major improvement for me. I can't believe it! Thanks

Sis
Check out my Uncivil blog!!!!Got some good pics of the River Run!

luvmyharleydoggison said...

I did....they are really good!