Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Fortress of Solitude

This is were I go to run and get away from all the traffic and hustle and bustle of life.

I have to let Ab & Em explore just a little before we take off on the run.

This is the only traffic we saw on this particular morning! Don't cha love it!
I'm a chic magnet! What can I say? Wait a minute?...It looks like they are running away from me?
Abigail says enough with the exploring. I'm ready to ride! This is how she let's me know she's had enough of the walking.
Abigail rides by herself until Emily is ready to ride.
Emily say's "Hey!......I'm ready to ride the "Short bus" now!!!"

I don't know why, but Emily does this to Abigail when she is happy! I'll be sittin' at a stop light near the house and see someone pointing to the back of my pickup. I'll look in the rearview mirror and see Emily humping away and Abigail just sits there and lets her do it?

Emily has to get out and run a few 1/4 mile intervals along the way.
Then she rests at the finish line when we're through.
I always try to walk it off afterwards. I guess I let Abigail out of the stroller too soon? I look behind and she's straggling way behind with this ( Hey the truck is this way) look on her face.
Then we turn around and she's the first one in the lead back to the truck?
She let's you know she's ready to get in the truck too!
Emily gets first dibs at the water bowl cause she ran the most!
This is the best part of my running regimine. Couldn't imagine having better running buddies?

4 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

Thanks for the smiles, Jimmy! Love the pics!

luvmyharleydoggison said...

How cute!

Uncivil said...

Thanks Lesley and Sis!
It was a beautiful morning inside and out! I felt like I was one with the universe for a change if ya get my drift.

Unknown said...

I just love this post and the photos! Your girls are adorable! Soooooooooooo cute!!!