Sunday, February 24, 2008

Week Number Eleven

Week Number 11 ( Feb 24th > March 1st)

Sunday Feb 24th

Go to Barbados Blvd walk 1 mile, then run 1 mile in 10 minutes 15 seconds, walk 1/2 mile, run 1/2 mile in way under 6 minutes, walk it all off for 1 mile.
Total today run 1.5 miles and walk 2.5 miles.
Monday Feb 25th
Came home from work and didn't feel like running, so I soaked my feet in a hot tub of epsom salt. That woke me up enough to put my running shoes on and head down to the beach. I started right out running without a warm up walk and managed to run 2 miles in a little over 24 minutes. Walked it off for a half mile. Then jump in my truck and rush home. Coughed and hacked most of the way home? Got home and took a "Mucinex" and soaked my tootsies again.
The cough wasn't actually a bad cough? It was more like I was coughing up mucus I didn't even know I had?
Total so far this week 3.5 miles running, and 3 miles walked.
Tuesday Feb 26th
Go out to eat super w/Dad at K & W.
It's been raining most of the afternoon, so come home and walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes fully inclined. I actually worked up a sweat?
I decided to do some serious stretching after that since my whole body was pretty warmed up, but not exhausted.
I read about these stretches on Lesley's blog and decided to incorporate them with some resistance exercises with my dumbells and kettlebell to save time. Also did a few exercises on the "Total Trainer".
Wednesday Feb 27th
I swear?....Looks like my body keeps coming up with reasons not to run? I woke up yesterday with my left ankle feeling a little tender from the two previous day's runs. Then I woke up this morning with it hurtin' like hell and I've been limpin' on it all day. I'm not even gonna hit the treadmill today.
So, I'm still stuck at 3.5 miles run, 3 miles walked and 30 minutes on the treadmill for the week.
Thursday Feb 28th
Still resting the ankle. Got the girls today, so I'm laying around bonding with them.
Friday Feb 29th....."Leap Year Day"
Took the girls to the beach today. Walked about 3 miles with them including pushing them in their stroller. I had the day off for a dental appointment. The ankle feels OK. Maybe I'll try to run on it tomorrow.
Saturday March 1st
Took the dogs to the river for a 1/2 mile walk. Then we shot over to Barbados Blvd. I pushed them in the stroller, and we ran 2miles and walked it off for a mile. The ankle feels good to go?
Totals for the week are 5.5 miles run, 7.5 miles walked, and 30 minutes on the treadmill.

10 comments:

J said...

I'm guessing I'm too late to help, but what really helps with my coughing is Mucinex. Loosens up the crap and helps your body cope. :)

Glad you're finally feeling at least some better.

Uncivil said...

Thanks J
I noticed some Mucinex in the medicine cabinet just the other day. I forgot I even had the stuff?
I'll have to give it a try next time.

Anonymous said...

I ran 2 mi in the neighborhood today...almost went to the beach...I did it in 17.5 minutes. Then went back home, got the carriage and pushed harley-man for 2 miles.

Lesley Looper said...

You're on a roll and it's only Monday! Keep up the good work! :)

Uncivil said...

Sis
I saw Ameron & Megan (sp?) at the beach. I can't run fast enough to run with you guys yet!
I assume you had to put air in the tire on the carriage?

Lesley
I'm trying. The old body doesn't hurt near as bad as it did when I started this gig. Plus, I've lost close to 20 pounds since Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I had to put in the air....but it was worth it.
Ameron said she saw you....said you weren't paying attention at first.
I try to get her to run with me around the neighborhood, but she won't....says she can't keep up with me....I told her I'd run at her pace.

Lesley Looper said...

20 lbs?! That's great! Woohoo!

Uncivil said...

Sis
I guess Ameron sees no need to run since she doesn't have a weight problem, and her cheerleading keeps her fit.

Lesley
Thanks , I like the stretch exercise link that you found!
I think I was sweating harder after I quit the treadmill and began stretching?

kim said...

20 lbs.? You're doing something I'm not doing - way to go!

Lesley Looper said...

Nice way to end the week, and a good reminder for me that resting an injury helps one get back to running eventually!